A friendly reminder: if you take mass transit to the HML or carpool (three or more per car — honors system!), you’re entitled a 25% discount on book purchases!
Check out your mass transit options below. And in the meantime, “Read, Ride, and Relax!” (Catchy, isn’t it?)
From SF / East Bay
* BART to the Milbrae station.
* Take Caltrain to Diridon Station in San Jose.
* Take Monterey-Salinas Transit Bus #55 (Monterey-San Jose Express) to Monterey Transit Plaza.
* Take Monterey-Salinas Transit it Bus #22 (Big Sur) to the Nepenthe stop, which is 1/4 mile north of the Library.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The #22 Big Sur bus only runs on weekends from Labor Day to Memorial Day. However, beginning Memorial Day, May 25th, until Labor Day, September 7th, it runs seven days a week from Monterey to Big Sur. Check out the schedule here.
From the south
* Pick up the Big Sur Bus (Line #22) when available – see Important Note above.
Other Ridesharing Options