We are fully booked for 2017. Booking for 2018 will begin on Wednesday January 4th at 10 AM – please call 831.667.2574 and ask for Sarah.
The place is beautiful, it has a spirit all its own. Walking in for the first time, you easily feel transported, away from where you came and into, what many have said is, the “jewel” of the coast. For some pictures click here and here.
Weddings are by far the most common reason for a private event. We welcome any kind of private event however: Birthdays, your own film night, staff appreciation party…etc. Call 831-667-2574 or e-mail.
The 2018 rental fee is $5000, with a $1500 non-refundable deposit with a balance no later than three weeks prior to the event. 100 person limit. This fee gets you the following:
* Full-access to professional sound system
* 1 on-site Library staff making sure everything is running smoothly
* An incredible redwood grove to act as your playground
* Easy access for shuttle (by Big Sur standards) – We’re located right on Highway 1, with no treacherous mountain roads.
* 10 minute drive to many local campgrounds and hotels.
Back to top
* Dancing and amplified music (until 11 PM) is welcome.
* You can stay later but the volume needs to be lowered after 11. (on Sundays – Thursdays @ 10 PM).
* Hours and Staffing: The Library will open 10 AM for set-up. A minimum of one Library staff person will be available to help during the day.
* Prior to the event the Library grounds will get special attention.
* Two bathrooms are available.
* Parking: Arranging a shuttle for your guests is a requirement. Please contact Weston at Sur Transportation (831-238-1203 / 831-667-5075 )
* Insurance: Proof of insurance ($1,000,000 liability) is required. Please contact a qualified insurance company for the insurance. Use insurance company certificate of insurance form. The Henry Miller Memorial Library must be named as added insured. If alcohol is served at the event a liquor endorsement of $1,000,000.00 must also be added to the form. (You can add us to your Home Insurance or use a place like Wedsafe).
* The sound system will be yours to use – speakers, microphones for speakers etc.. It’s a very high quality system and it’ll fill the space beautifully.
* Movie or slideshow: We can make it happen. We have a large screen and a state of the art projector; the charge is $250.00 extra for that service. We highly recommend it!
* What about the weather? We rarely have thick fog. And we very rarely have windy conditions.
* Lodging can be summed up in two words: Plan ahead! Check out nearby hotels and campgrounds. You don’t want your guests to have to drive to Monterey after your party! (The Big Sur Lodge, for the record, is the biggest, and most convenient hotel, especially for families. It’s about 4 miles north of here.)
* 4 space heaters available at $60/each for the night (have to be reserved in advance)
* $150 for 150 chairs
* $10/each for round (5ft diameter) banquet tables
Back to top
List of Friends
Mariah is a life-long resident and a neighbor here in Big Sur. When she works with you, she shares her deep knowledge and relationships with local restaurants, ceremony sites, bakeries, photographers, florists and more. Here at the Library we know her well.
Website: mariahgreenevents.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 831-747-4623
Sur Transportation | 831-238-1203 / 831-667-5075 | http://www.surtransportation.com/
Sur Transportation offers you the locals’ touch in transportation, knowledge and service. One thing that makes Sur Transportation different is the dedication to servicing a flexible game plan.As a life long resident, serving the coastal communities of Monterey County allows Weston to stay niche and locally focused, which means when you book ST, it’s yours and yours alone. No stressful time restraints or restrictive itineraries. The intention is to allow you and your guests to enjoy the magic of Big Sur without thinking twice about how you’ll get around.
Big Sur Flowers | (831) 667-2649 | http://www.bigsurflowers.com/ |email@example.com
Kate lives in a wild and remote location. She is devoted and dedicated and has delivered her her florals across road closures, landslides, during forest fires, windstorms, and rainstorms. Keep in mind, though she’s often away from her desk, you’re never far from her thoughts.
Grapes of Wrath | (831) 649-3445 | http://www.grapesofwrath.com |firstname.lastname@example.org
Full service caterer with experience throughout the Monterey Peninsula. Will do anything from the informal to the most elegant. “Listening between the lines we hear your likes and dislikes, visions and dreams. We can help you find the unique site that matches your dream and budget and work with you to design a menu, incorporating award winning cuisine and our great local offerings from the sea and the field. ”
Live Music courtesy of Songs Hot Box Harry Taught Us! https://facebook.com/songshotboxharrytaughtus
As local as it gets & a great party band! American country rock, traditional rock, and always open for cover song requests!
Photographs and other Service Professionals
Terry Way – an excellent photographer based in Santa Cruz.