We are now fully booked for 2018 – if you’d like to be added to our 2018 waitlist please send an e-mail with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking for 2019 will begin on Monday January 1st at 10 AM – please call 831.667.2574 or e-mail and ask for Magnus
The place is beautiful, it has a spirit all its own. Walking in for the first time, you easily feel transported, away from where you came and into, what many have said is, the “jewel” of the coast. For some pictures click here and here.
Weddings are by far the most common reason for a private event. We welcome any kind of private event however: Birthdays, your own film night, staff appreciation party and beyond. Call 831-667-2574 or e-mail.
2019 Rental Fees (here’s the 2019 Rental agreement pdf.)
– The fee for up to 100 guests is $5000, with a $1500 non-refundable deposit. The balance is due no later than three weeks prior to the event. All guests are shuttled to and from the Library.
– The fee for up to 150 guests is $6000, with a $1500 non-refundable deposit. The balance is due no later than three weeks prior to the event. In order to have up to 150 guests we require that you rent a port-a-potty and that all of your guests are shuttled to and from the Library.
The rental fee includes the following :
– Full-access to professional sound system
– 1 on-site Library staff making sure everything is running smoothly
– An incredible redwood grove to act as your playground
– Easy access for shuttle (by Big Sur standards) – We’re located right on Highway 1, with no treacherous mountain roads.
Please review the information below along with our rental contract (link/soon) and caterer agreement (link/soon). Give us a call or send an e-mail with any additional questions.
– Due to the outdoor nature of the HML, we only book weddings between approximately May 10 to October 10 to be safe.
– Dancing and amplified music (until 10 PM) is welcome.
– Caterers will sign this Catering contract.
– You can stay later but the volume needs to be lowered after 10 PM
– Parking: Arranging a shuttle for your guests is a requirement. Please contact Weston at Sur Transportation (831-238-1203 / 831-667-5075, email@example.com )
– Insurance: Proof of insurance ($1,000,000 liability) is required. Please contact a qualified insurance company for the insurance. Use insurance company certificate of insurance form. The Henry Miller Memorial Library must be named as added insured. If alcohol is served at the event a liquor endorsement of $1,000,000.00 must also be added to the form. (You can add us to your Home Insurance or use a place like Wedsafe
– Hours and Staffing:
– The Library will open 10 AM for set-up. A minimum of one Library staff person will be available to help during the day.
– Prior to the event the Library grounds will get special attention.
– Two bathrooms are available and maintained throughout your rental
– The sound system will be yours to use – speakers, microphones for speakers etc.. It’s a very high quality system and it’ll fill the space beautifully.
– Movie or slideshow: We can make it happen. We have a large screen and a state of the art projector; the charge is $300.00 extra for that service. We highly recommend it!
– What about the weather? We rarely have thick fog. And we very rarely have windy conditions. We do not allow tents on site.
– Lodging can be summed up in two words: Plan ahead! Check out nearby hotels and campgrounds. You don’t want your guests to have to drive to Monterey after your party! (The Big Sur Lodge, for the record, is the biggest, and most convenient hotel, especially for families. It’s about 4 miles north of here.)
– As for renting tables and chairs, check out A to Z Party Rentals in nearby Seaside.
– 4 space heaters available at $60/each for the night (have to be reserved 3 in advance)
– $10/each for round (5ft diameter) banquet tables
List of Friends
Mariah is a life-long resident and a neighbor here in Big Sur. When she works with you, she shares her deep knowledge and relationships with local restaurants, ceremony sites, bakeries, photographers, florists and more. Here at the Library we know her well.
Website: mariahgreenevents.com | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 831-747-4623
Sur Transportation | 831-238-1203 / 831-667-5075 | http://www.surtransportation.com | Weston@surtransportation.com
Sur Transportation offers you the locals’ touch in transportation, knowledge and service. One thing that makes Sur Transportation different is the dedication to servicing a flexible game plan.As a life long resident, serving the coastal communities of Monterey County allows Weston to stay niche and locally focused, which means when you book ST, it’s yours and yours alone. No stressful time restraints or restrictive itineraries. The intention is to allow you and your guests to enjoy the magic of Big Sur without thinking twice about how you’ll get around.
Big Sur Flowers | (831) 667-2649 | http://www.bigsurflowers.com/ |email@example.com
Kate lives in a wild and remote location. She is devoted and dedicated and has delivered her her florals across road closures, landslides, during forest fires, windstorms, and rainstorms. Keep in mind, though she’s often away from her desk, you’re never far from her thoughts.
Live Music courtesy of Songs Hot Box Harry Taught Us! https://facebook.com/songshotboxharrytaughtus
As local as it gets & a great party band! American country rock, traditional rock, and always open for cover song requests!
Photographs and other Service Professionals
Terry Way – an excellent photographer based in Santa Cruz.