Weddings are by far the most common reason for a private event. However we welcome any kind of private event: birthdays, bar mitzvah, quinceañera, your own film night, private concert, staff party, etc.
Call 831-667-2574 or e-mail.
Note! When renting the Library you are supporting a non-profit arts organization with deep roots in Big Sur since 1981.
Due to the outdoor nature of the HMML, we book weddings between April 20 and October 20 to be safe. We do make exceptions but at your own risk.
What we offer
- on-site Library staff person will be available to help during the day, making sure everything is running smoothly.
- An incredible redwood grove to act as your playground. Prior to the event the Library grounds will get special attention.
- Two bathrooms are available and maintained throughout your rental.
- Professional high quality sound system: speakers, microphones, etc..
Dancing and amplified music (until 10 PM) is welcome. You can stay later but the volume needs to be lowered after 10 PM.
- Slideshow or Movie: We can make it happen. We have a large screen and a state of the art projector; the charge is $300.00 extra for that service.
- Easy access to shuttle: we’re located right on Highway 1 with no treacherous mountain roads. 10 minute drive to many local campgrounds and hotels.
- What about the weather? We rarely have thick fog. And we very rarely have windy conditions. We do not allow tents on site.
Required by you
Proof of insurance ($1,000,000 liability) is required. Please contact a qualified insurance company for the insurance. Use insurance company certificate of insurance form. The Henry Miller Memorial Library must be named as added insured. If alcohol is served at the event a liquor endorsement of $1,000,000.00 must also be added to the form. You can add us to your Home Insurance or use a place like Wedsafe.
Plan ahead everything you need yourself or with a little bit of help
Highly recommended if you plan a wedding with more than 50 guests. Our partner bigsurdana
Required if you plan on having more than 80 guests.
Big Sur Magic Bus