We are fully booked for large weddings and elopements for 2023. We are taking reservations for 2024.
Please email email@example.com.
Weddings are by far the most common reason for a private event. However we welcome any kind of private event: Birthdays, Bar Mitzvah, Quinceañera, your own film night, private concert, staff party etc. Call 831-667-2574 or e-mail.
Note: When renting the Library you are supporting a non-profit arts organization with deep roots in Big Sur since 1981.
The fee for up to 100 total is $5000, over 100 it is $6000. The ‘elopement’ alternative, up to 30, is $2000.00.
Note: The cost refers to Saturday’s. If you want any other day of the week please deduct $500.00 (does not pertain to the Elopement alternative).
RENTAL CONTRACT UP TO 100 / 2024 Only
RENTAL CONTRACT UP TO 150 / 2024 Only
ELOPEMENT CONTRACT 2024
The rental fee includes the following :
– Full-access to professional sound system
– 1 on-site Library staff making sure everything is running smoothly
– An incredible redwood grove to act as your playground
– Easy access for shuttle, we’re located right on Highway 1 with no treacherous mountain roads.
– 10 minute drive to many local campgrounds and hotels.
– Due to the outdoor nature of the HMML, we book weddings between April 20 and October 20 to be safe. (we do make exceptions to this but at your own risk!)
– Dancing and amplified music (until 10 PM) is welcome. You can stay later but the volume needs to be lowered after 10 PM
– Parking: Arranging a shuttle for your guests is a requirement if you plan on having more than 80 guests.
– Insurance: Proof of insurance ($1,000,000 liability) is required. Please contact a qualified insurance company for the insurance. Use insurance company certificate of insurance form. The Henry Miller Memorial Library must be named as added insured. If alcohol is served at the event a liquor endorsement of $1,000,000.00 must also be added to the form. (You can add us to your Home Insurance or use a place like Wedsafe)
If you plan to use the canyon behind the Library please add the following language to your policy: Timothy Gill and Laura Wilkinson, owners of parcel # 420-191-010 adjacent to the Henry Miller Library are additionally insured.
Hours and Staffing:
– The Library will open 10 AM for set-up. A minimum of one Library staff person will be available to help during the day.
– Prior to the event the Library grounds will get special attention.
– Two bathrooms are available and maintained throughout your rental.
– The sound system will be yours to use – speakers, microphones for speakers etc.. It’s a very high quality system and it’ll fill the space beautifully.
– Slideshow or Movie: We can make it happen. We have a large screen and a state of the art projector; the charge is $300.00 extra for that service. We highly recommend it!
– What about the weather? We rarely have thick fog. And we very rarely have windy conditions. We do not allow tents on site.
– As for renting tables and chairs, check out A to Z Party Rentals in nearby Seaside.
Wedding planner (highly recommended if you plan a wedding with more than 50 guests):
Spirits & Nature
Photography and other Service Professionals